About SLS-003 (sublingual ketamine)
- In November 2021, Seelos licensed SLS-003 from iX Biopharma for Wafermine™ (sublingual racemic ketamine wafer) and a worldwide license for other sublingual ketamine wafers formulations.
- SLS-003 is delivered using a proprietary fast-dissolving wafer-based drug delivery platform technology known as WaferiX™.
- SLS-003 (sublingual ketamine wafer) focus in chronic indication where sublingual delivery is better suited and continue developing SLS-002 (intranasal racemic ketamine) in the acute setting such as ASIB in MDD.
- Seelos plans to evaluate SLS-003, in pain indications such as chronic neuropathic pain and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and in additional psychiatric disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- SLS-003 has Orphan Drug designation in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
- SLS-003 has already completed positive Phase II studies in other indications.